For lovers of all things HOT and all things FUNNY

Sunday, July 23, 2006

My Little Garden of Eatin'

THOSE OF YOU BROWSING WITH INTERNET EXPLORER PLEASE SEE MY PREVIOUS POSTS FOR ADVICE ON HOW BEST TO VIEW MY BLOG.

Cartoon-a-Day



Okay, folks, I'm back. But, like the summer weather we've been having lately, I'm HOT!! And it's all because I spent about 6 hours yesterday into the late evening trying to post. I kept getting HTML errors I couldn't find. I finally gave up and went to bed. Now I'm giving it another try.

Here (I hope) are some pictures of my garden.

















Three varieties, lots of flowers, fingers crossed.


















One of my favorite seasonings, for everything from tangy salsa, guacamole, spaghetti sauce and chili, it's fun to grow, economical, and you just have to step out the back door and snip a few sprigs. Fresh and delicious!














I planted the carrots just for fun. They're supposed to be red, green, yellow and black when they're ready to harvest. I'll show you how they turned out soon. I love onions of all kinds. I planted red (salsa and guacamole) and yellow (omelets, salads).



















I'm excited about the seedlings. They're from seeds I brought back from my recent trip to Oaxaca, Mexico. Some of them can't be found here in the States. The green onions are from some leftover seeds from last year. The chamomile is to make tea to ease the tension and stress from weeding, watering and worrying whether the bugs will win the battle.





















I planted bell peppers, sweet banana peppers, jalapenos and carnival multicolor peppers. Looks like they're a hit with the bugs. I've got my fingers crossed that they'll survive....the peppers, that is!!






















Sweet banana peppers. Great for stuffing with Italian sausage. A few more and it's a meal!!



















Beautiful, hot, spicy and delicious! Can't wait to pick a few of these babies for some guacamole or tangy salsa! YUM!

Okay, that's about all I can do for now. We're making preparations for our week-long trek to Ocean City, Maryland to kick back, relax and enjoy life. Check back in a couple of weeks and I'll have pictures and commentary about all the fun we had!!

So, as the sun is heading to bed, and another weekend is about to enter the history books, here's a shot of a beautiful sunset I captured a few days ago....













Image hosting by Photobucket

So, until next time, take care, enjoy the summer, and...don't forget to keep it fun, hot and spicy!

Pittsburgh Pepperhead