For lovers of all things HOT and all things FUNNY

Friday, July 14, 2006

Too Hot To Blog

Friday
July 14
ATTENTION INTERNET EXPLORER Users: You will NOT be able to view my blog correctly. Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox or Netscape. Download is painless and easy. Go ahead, live a little...broaden your horizons. Don't be a slave to IE.

Cartoon-a-Day

Okay, so it's been another long spell that I haven't blogged. I could blame it on the weather. I could blame it on the fact that summer is slipping away before I've had a chance to fully enjoy it. But no, I've just been playing catch-up with life....trying to get my garden (pictures forthcoming) weeded, watered and properly propped up. The tomatoes, onions, carrots, cilantro and, of course, several species of peppers have literally exploded with the recent rains we've had. Plus, I've been frustrated by the fact that we haven't been able to get my new Wildfire scooter on the road. Ohio has been extremely slow in getting the paperwork back so we can get it titled, insured and tagged. AND the heat has definitely been a factor that has slowed down everything. It's too hot to do anything outside during the day, and just walking around is exhausting. At night energy just seems to evaporate, leaving me too tired to even log on. But tonight I just said, what the heck.
Image hosting by Photobucket


I have been wondering what to do with all the pictures I took while I was in Mexico during the month of May. I got this colage software package and have been playing around with it. Below is a picture of some of the pepper pix I took, plus some of a tlayuda, the signature dish of Oaxaca (Wa-ha-ka), the city in Mexico I visited.




















Even though chile peppers of more kinds than I could name are common throughout Mexico, the cuisine of Oaxaca is surprisingly bland. Numerous sauces (salsas) are available on request, and I noted most of the locals requested them also. So, I guess the lack of "heat" is mostly to cater to what the locals assume are untrained palates of their northern neighbor tourists. I did my best to change that perception. I even brought back some varieties of Mexican chile seeds that are about ready to transplant in my garden. More about them as they get ready for a late summer harvest!!
Pepperbar

Okay, that's it for tonight. Got a busy weekend ahead: lots of fun-in-the-sun activities ahead. Going to a nearby neighborhood's Community Days (amounts to a massive house by house yard sale). Have a high school graduation party to attend (anything for a free meal when it's too hot to cook), and we're going to the Fleatique to see what new oddities we can add to our menagerie.

Pepperbar

Take care. Stay cool, but don't forget to keep it hot and spicy!
Pittsburgh Pepperhead